Joined: 07 Nov 2012
It's Time to go Back, 5 for Five & a Manic Monday Freebie
I can’t believe this is my last Monday of track out! I head back to school for work days on Thursday and Friday and haven’t done any lesson planning! My teaching bag is still where I put it 3 weeks ago. If I don’t get in gear soon I won’t be ready next Monday when my kiddos come back! Ugh!
One of the downfalls of year-round is all the moving. It sounds like it should be easy – the kids move their own materials into storage cubbies and then into our new classroom cubbies. But hanging up all the materials and arranging the room is a nightmare! And, to do it every 9 weeks is stretching me way too thin; especially, when I like everything a certain way.
Here is how last week turned out:
1. Check out a new non-teaching book – and READ it! Check – done! I actually started and finished Silent No More: Victim 1’s Fight for Justice Against Jerry Sandusky. I know controversial – but it was on my to read list and I am so glad that I did.
2. Get Oldest Realistic his new phone – check done! He is thrilled to have the new iPhone 5 and this momma is thrilled to have it done. Now he can facetime his Nana & Papa and I can get my twice-weekly scheduled calls. Yes – I am limited because I have helicopter hovering parent syndrome. I would be on the phone with him 3 times a day if I could!
3. Get to the gym twice this week – sadly, I didn’t meet this goal (again) this week! I made it to my Monday zumba, but that was it…this week for sure!! I’ve realized how difficult it is to go to the gym when your schedule changes.
4. Continue to grow my little slice of cyberspace – check done! I completed the 3 post minimum that I set for myself and am so thrilled that I continue to grow.
5. Take time to enjoy my family and friends – check done! I spent some much needed time with my boys and Mr. Realistic. We enjoyed Thanksgiving together and had a nice evening with Oldest and his girlfriend. Ahhh…young love – they are so cute!!
4 out of 5 isn’t bad, but I am really going for the gold this week and am going to meet my challenge head on!!
This week’s goals…
1. Lesson plan for the next two weeks. Yes, the second week will be just a rough sketch, but at least get it formatted and saved on my flashdrive.
2. Hit the gym three times this week. No more excuses!!
3. Start decorating for Christmas – even if it is just brining the boxes into the living room…
4. Paint more clothes pins for our behavior chart.
5. Have my classroom set up and arranged before next Monday morning – that may mean staying on Friday until 6:00, but it must be done!!
Yayyyy!! It’s Manic Monday again! I am keeping up and have your freebie on time today!! Go me!! Here is a freebie that will help you get through December!
Now – I’m off to TpT to finish my shopping!! Don’t forget you can get 28% off my store today and tomorrow!