Joined: 25 Mar 2012
Fortunately at our school we have many parents who love helping (or sometimes spying) in the classroom. Because I teach older kiddos, I really don’t need much parent help with centers or reading groups.
I know that I will always have a group of mommies begging to help out in some way or another, so this is how I appease them. At our Back to School Night meeting during the first week of school, I put out a sign up sheet with the following categories I need help with. These are the categories:
- Photographer (2 needed): Parents needed to be our paparazzi for special events like assemblies, class parties, etc.
- Scholastic Book Order Coordinator: Parent needed to assist in placing online book orders, and sorting orders when shipments arrive.
- Party Planner (4 needed): Parents needed to help plan parties for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day, and 49er Day
- Enrichment Assistant: Parents needed to accompany our class to an enrichment class to assist the teacher. Enrichment classes are art, library, P.E., music, and computers.
- Paper Filer: Parent needed to come on Fridays at 10:00 am to help file students’ work into their folders.
Visit the following sites for more ways to use parent helpers.