Writing Prompts For The Election
Submitted by EdWorld Celine on Mon, 10/29/2012 - 11:10
Why not get middle- and high-schoolers writing about something they're seeing in the news...the presidential election? Prepare for the big day (Nov. 6) and its aftermath with engaging essay starters. Here are a few ideas gathered from suite101.com:
- Was [winner] the best choice for president?
- Which of the candidates' foreign policy plans was better?
- Which of the two candidates' health care plans was better?
- Which candidate did a better job in the debates?
- Should the electoral college be abolished?
- Was the news coverage of the election biased?